About Me

My photo
Harold Wood, Essex, United Kingdom
I like think I`m a fairly caring, friendly, positive person...I`ve been told I`m a good listener. My favourite sayings or philosophies are : "Spread love where ever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." "Always treat others as you would wish to be treated" "I`m too blessed to be stressed"

Thursday 17 December 2009


Good Day Everyone...

Beautiful, sunny, and cold here in H/Wood...But a very unhappy camper here :*(

I was going into town today for a bit more shopping...got up nice and early, bright eyed and bushy tailed...then the meds struck!! So I'm tucked up in the warm with "tummy issues" !! It's nice to spend time with the Girlz, but it does get me down sometimes.

It is almost as if you swap one set of "illnesses" for another...A lot of people think once you have your transplant, you're sorted, cured, life goes on as usual...NO, NO, NO!! As a TX patient I have a whole routine I have to go through every morning...check weieght, check temperature and put into Blue Book...I also check my blood pressure, pulse rate, sats and peak flow...Then as a Lung TX I also have to check my FEV's with a spirometery machine. Then I can have a cuppa!! Then there are the Meds.

I am lucky as I don't take as many as some people I know...9 in the morning and 5 before bed...Some of them have horrid side effects but it's something you learn to live with...just think of the alternative!! With me it's head and tummy troubles...I can be laid flat out by a migraine for a couple of days at a time and it's no fun running to the loo with the Girlz at your heels!! LOL

Do not get me wrong

I would do this and much more to be where I am now...I feel I have been truly blessed...Instead of being totally bed-bound, on oxygen 24/7 and STILL be gasping for breath, thinking (and wishing?) the next breath could be my last, I can now do so much more...just simple things like taking a bath, getting dressed, playing with my Girlz, going shopping!! LOL Each day, with every single breath I take, I give thanks for my donor and their family.

Lunch for me now...chicken soup!! Have a good day all

peace and karma

Stevieanne

No comments:

Post a Comment